If your New Year's resolution is to increase your glutes but you're tired of doing squats all the time, then you're in the right place! There's an exercise that has nothing to do with that.
Squats can be a very effective exercise to shape the glutes, but it is not the only thing that can be done. Here's a good option to get a bigger and firm butt even if you are tired or in a bad mood. So, let's put it into practice!
Exercise to reshape the glutes
For this exercise, the only thing you need besides the desire to remodel your figure is a mat or blanket to place on the floor. Nothing else!
- Get on all fours on the mat or blanket.
- Rest your elbows on the ground and interlace your hands in front.
- Keep the spine straight during the entire duration of the exercise.
- At the beginning, contract the muscles of the abdomen at the same time you raise the left leg to align the thigh with the trunk.
- The sole of your shoe should point towards the ceiling and always stay straight.
- Make a brief movement such as pushing the foot upwards while contracting the gluteal muscles.
- Lower the left leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise raising the right leg up.
- Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions with each leg.
As you can see, it is a very easy exercise that anyone can do. If you want to make it a bit more difficult, place a small weight on your ankle.
Another good idea is to do the exercise with music. Choose a song that you like and try exercising with it. Remember to intersperse the exercises to increase your glutes with squats and strides, because the more things you do, the more you'll see faster results.
*Translated from original article by Paulo Nobuo published on VIX Brazil
You Might Also Like