Twenty-eighteen will mark 23 years since the talented Selena Quintanilla's life was cut short; however, there are many ways that fans are keeping her legacy alive. There's a Selena makeup collection in M.A.C., there's a wax figure at the Madame Tussauds museum, there are T-shirts being sold at some of the biggest retail stores, and there's even a children's book.
Since we can't get enough of the late Queen of Tejano, a new series is also in the works by ABC Studios, Campanario Entertainment, and SB Projects.
Here's everything we already know about the forthcoming untitled production:
- The series will be written and co-executive produced by Miguel Nolla from the hit drama Scandal.
- It's a music-driven scripted family drama inspired by the musical legacy of the Amor Prohibido singer.
- The series focuses on Alex Guerra, a chart-topping, award-winning pop star who has been estranged from her family for five years. She tries to pick up the pieces when a crisis forces her to return home. Alex finds herself back in Texas, juggling a love triangle, the demands of her career and the dark secrets of the family that she now desperately wants to win back.
- The project has the full support of the Quintanilla family.
- In fact, Selena's siblings, A.B. Quintanilla Jr. and Suzette Quintanilla will join the series as producers.
- Suzette notes, per a statement, “We are excited to come on board as producers on an ABC music driven, Latino family drama that celebrates Selena’s musical legacy with a lead character whose music and career is inspired by Selena."
Clearly, this is the best news of 2018!
You Might Also Like