With so many diet options, it is not always easy to know which one to follow and which one better suits your lifestyle. Seeking guidance from a professional is key for an efficient and healthy weight loss.
For those who feel they need to lose weight but also to detox the body, this 7-day diet can be useful. It was created by the Australian Susie Burrell, who teaches it step-by-step and also gives some tips on this "reset" diet.
A detox diet that helps with weight loss
The 7-day program, according to what the expert said on the British report The Daily Mail, contributes to weight loss and detox the body. The first step is good planning, according to the following tips:
- Remove high-calorie and unhealthy food from cabinets and the fridge to avoid temptation.
- Set a goal and take notes about what you want to accomplish with this diet.
- Go to the supermarket and buy healthy food and ingredients to keep at home.
- Get support from friends and family to stay focused on the program.
7-day detox diet: what can you eat?
According to the expert, starving is never an option. On the detox program, you must have three small meals a day, balanced in carbs and proteins.
Salad and vegetables can be eaten with no restrictions, along with one or two fruits and a handful of nuts a day. Whenever possible, choose to drink herbal tea instead of milk.
The meal plan that'll make you lose weight in 7 days
For a successful diet, without starving or compromising your health, never skip breakfast, which is considered the most important meal of the day. Breakfast must be filled with proteins to make sure you're satiated until lunchtime.
Lunch, according to the expert, must contain from 350 to 400 calories, 0.7 oz to 1 oz of carbs and 0.7 oz of protein. For dinner, you should choose a small portion of protein with lots of salad and vegetables.
Example of what to eat
- Breakfast: 1 cup of tomato juice and 7 oz of natural yogurt.
- Morning snack: a piece of fruit.
- Lunch: avocado and turkey wrap
- Afternoon snack: 10 nuts and a piece of fresh fruit
- Dinner: Detox soup and vegetable salad with 1/2 cup of brown rice.
Tips for having a successful 1st week
- Commit to detoxing for a period of 5 to 7 days.
- Avoid processed cookies, cakes, muffins or snacks.
- Eat at least 3 cups of vegetables and salad and 2 pieces of fruit every day.
- Eat lean proteins, like chicken breast, and vegetables on your main meals.
- Include 1 or 2 cups of whole carbs, like oats, beans, chickpea or sweet potato.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Don't over-exercise while doing the detox plan. Walking from 30 to 60 minutes a day is more than enough when you're not ingesting too many calories.