Valentine’s Day is extra, sorry, not sorry.
If you’re coupled up, I can kind of see the appeal, but I don’t think we need an entire day dedicated to love and devotion when everyday should be like that, really. Nevertheless, Valentine’s Day exists, some people are here for it, and some people just aren’t into romantic gestures, or even romance in general.
Love is great! Showing the person you love how much you love them is sweet, and caring gestures are beautiful, but they shouldn’t be rare. You shouldn’t just expect them on Valentine’s Day.
What you can expect, though, is an ever present explosion of hearts, overpriced candy, impossible-to-get dinner reservations, and traffic- so much traffic. Thankfully, you’re not alone (well, you are, actually), and you can probably relate to the ~feelings~ below.
1. Watching everyone else go on dates
2. Getting booty called by an ex
3. Actually considering it
3. "Valentine's Day Specials"
4. Everyone's mushy social media posts
5. Staying home with a bottle of wine
6. And an unrealistic rom com
7. Pretending to be interested in all of your friend's plans
8. But then remembering you never have to share your food
9. Or your bed
10. Or any aspect of your life with anyone but your bad self
You Might Also Like