Yucca is such a yummy root vegetable. It serves as a great side dish, especially in Latin cuisine. On the other hand, it can also serve as an amazing appetizer. If you're a sucker for this vegetable, here's a recipe that shows you an easy way to make fried yucca that your friends will absolutely love.
Fried Yucca Recipe
- Yucca should be cooked, but still be firm. It should be soft but still be a bit hard in the middle. If it gets too soft, it will not become crunchy;
- If you want, you can put it right in the oven, but if you leave overnight in the refrigerator, the manioc gives a dry and becomes even more crunchy;
- Put the pieces of cooked yucca in a baking dish greased with margarine or olive oil;
- Drizzle all the pieces with a string of olive oil and lightly roast in a medium oven, browning on both sides;
- The key is to spread a lot of yucca on the baking sheet. If you put too many pieces in the form, it will get wilted;
- When the casserole is already golden brown on the bottom, turn it sideways. Do not expect it to turn golden on top, as the pieces may be burning underneath.
You Might Also Like