The world expectant for the meeting between the leaders of North Korea and the United States.
The media predicted an imminent nuclear conflict at the end of 2017. With the arrival of Donald Trump to power in the U.S., the constant nuclear tests of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, and the repeated threats of both, the conflict between North Korea and the United States seemed closer than far.
But after different events, such as the rapprochement between the two Koreas or Kim Jong-un's decision to end the nuclear tests, both leaders decided to meet to find a solution to the conflict.
This meeting started a new relationship between the two countries, in principle, and this is what you have to know:
- The meeting took place in Singapore after the president of the United States left the G7 summit.
- The meeting lasted 5 hours and the leaders left behind any criticism that was once said.
- The North Korean leader again expressed his decision to end the nuclearization of his country.
- On the other hand, Trump invited Kim Jong-un to the summit to be held in the White House and, in addition, to provide security to the North Korean capital, added to the suspension of military exercises in the Korean peninsula, according to Financial Times.
- Both agreed that this is the beginning of a "bright future." We do not know what will happen next, but this meeting is historic: never before has a president of the United States met with a North Korean leader. "People will be very impressed. The people will be very happy. We both want to do something. We are both going to do something. We developed a very special bond," Donald Trump said.
- For his part, Kim Jong-un said that "today we had a historic meeting and decided to leave behind the past. The world will see a major change. "
- In general, the agreement revolved around denuclearization. However, Trump said there were other agreements that did not appear in the signed agreement (at least not in textual form), according to the BBC.
Check out the photos below:
You Might Also Like