Autism is a condition, present from an early stage in a child’s life, characterized by difficulty in communication and forming relationships with other people. If you’ve recently had a baby, it is important as a mother, for you to understand the signs present in autistic children.
Autism is usually present in children before the age of 3. In some cases, it could be diagnosed as early as 18 months. But, what are the sings that parents should be on the lookout for?
- Not responding to his or her name (without a hearing loss).
- Not babbling at the age he or she is supposed to.
- Inability to use words by 16 months
- Inability to use phrases by 24 months
- Repetition of an unusual language (i.e., trying to repeat what other people are saying) without any meaning behind it.
- Not pointing
- Not showing things (e.g., objects) to people.
Action at an early stage
Treating autism, especially if found at an early stage could benefit the child in the long run. No one will know your baby like you. With that in mind, pay close attention to any sings and if you notice unusual activities, make an appointment with a health care provider.
Let us know your opinion on this post by writing a comment below.
You Might Also Like