December 19 marks 20 years since the Titanic officially hit theaters. Two decades later and we STILL have questions!
The epic romantic-disaster film, which is based on the real-life sinking of the RMS Titanic in April 1912, was directed by James Cameron and tells the fictional story of two members of different social classes who fall in love.
In other words, this was the movie that blessed us with the glorious Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose (Kate Winslet) love story in 1997. The movie is three-hours too long, but that's OK because we're literally obsessed with it.
In celebration of its 20th anniversary, Titanic will hit theaters once again this month in 2D and 3D—although we're stoked, we still have questions! Luckily, lead star Kate Winslet is here to save the day.
The Academy Award-winning actress recently sat down with Stephen Colbert and revealed some juicy secrets about the flick. Check them out below:
Content temporarily unavailable: https://www.instagram.com/p/BcMWQVJjyWb/?tagged=titanicmovie
1. The steamy sex car scene was not scripted! "I don't think it was scripted, I think we came up with it on the day. It did get quite sweaty in the car, but we were spritzed down with Spray Evian Bottles to make us look really like you know, we were in throws of..."
2. Kate did not get pneumonia after filming scene in the water. "No, but I did get Hypothermia," she said. "I was really fucking cold! There were lots of big tanks and there was lots of water, and that amount of water they couldn't heat it. It was just too much of it."
3. Leonardo DiCaprio did not draw the nude picture of Kate. "James Cameron actually drew that picture," she revealed. "And he did actually sketch me in a bathing suit."
Content temporarily unavailable: https://www.instagram.com/p/BcT3Nf1HWYq/?tagged=titanicmovie
4. Matthew McConaughey was meant to portray Jack Dawson. "I auditioned with Matthew, isn't that weird? Never said that in public before. I did, yes I did, I auditioned with Matthew. Which was completely fantastic, but totally different. It just wouldn't have been the whole Jack-and-Rose, Kate-and-Leo thing."
5. She lied when she said 'I'll never let you go, Jack'. "I fully lied, I hold my hand up and let him go. Plus, he should have tried harder to get on that door."
You Might Also Like