Salsa verde eggs are one of the most traditional dishes in Mexico and also a delicious one!
Take this classic dish to your table with the following recipe:
- 6 Large Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 3 cups of water
- 10 tomatillos
- 2 cups of finely chopped spinach, kale and chard
- 1 cup of vegetable broth (water you used to boil your vegetables)
- ½ onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large and deep pot with water, add the tomatillos and the spinach, kale and chard chopped into pieces.
2. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes and remove from the stove.
3. Add the vegetable broth, onion, garlic, and roasted tomatillos and vegetables to a blender. Blend until the salsa is mostly smooth.
4. Heat 2 tbs of oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the Salsa Verde, and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add 6 Large, cage-free brown Eggland’s Best Eggs
7. Cover the pot and boil for 6 to 10 minutes.
8. Add Cotija cheese and serve hot, with beans and tortillas if desired.
9. Enjoy this dish that provides you with the vitamins, minerals and proteins necessary to start a great day.