Catriona Gray from the Philippines claimed the Miss Universe crown for 2018 on Sunday night. The 24-year-old model and singer took out the top prize, wowing the judges and the audience with her beauty.
Content temporarily unavailable: https://www.instagram.com/p/Brea9iygTNN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Miss South Africa Tamaryn Green was the first runner-up and Miss Venezuela Sthefany Gutiérrez was the second runner-up.
Catriona said in her final question that her experience working in the slums of Tondo, Manila, taught her to "look in the beauty of the children and be grateful," she added, "and I will bring this aspect as a Miss Universe to see situations with a silver lining and to assess where I could give something, where I could provide something as a spokesperson."
Meet Catriona Gray, The New Miss Universe 2018
1. Gray's father is Australian, and she was born and grew up in Cairns, Australia.
Content temporarily unavailable: https://www.instagram.com/p/Brc25M4gj9U/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
2. She studied at the Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Content temporarily unavailable: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq1Fkn0A8Xt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
3. She is a blogger! And she loves traveling around the world and writes about her explorations all over her blog, Cat'elle.
Content temporarily unavailable: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn-Q1Ozgn3d/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
4. She wore red because she was inspired by a volcano near her home and she also shared that when she was 13, her mom said she had a dream that Catriona would win Miss Universe in a red dress.
Content temporarily unavailable: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrfYbK5gb0D/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
5. Catriona worked with children in the slums of Manila and advocated for the legalization of medical marijuana.