Earlier this year, '90s kids were hit with a bittersweet news: Tamagotchi was making a comeback... in Japan... ONLY.
Lucky for us and because dreams come true, the original Tamagotchi is now making a comeback in the United States, celebrating its 20th anniversary.
“For many Generation X kids, the Tamagotchi device can be considered America’s first and favorite digital pet,” said Tara Badie, marketing director for Bandai America in a press statement. “The enduring power of Tamagotchi is its clear expression that nurturing and love never goes out of style. It’s such an honor to bring back one of the most beloved toys in a way that captures the magic and joy of a generation while embracing the sensibilities of new generations.”
For those non-millennial kids, this small gadget released in 1997 entailed of a digital pet that you had to feed, clean after, play with, and put to sleep.
Stade 2 du #tamagotchi #ocean sortie au #japon en #1997 #tama #instagood #instacool #vpet #vpets #geek #geeks #instageek #game #instacool #instagramer #instagram #electronics #technology #tech #gadget #gadgets #instatech #photooftheday #screen #petsagram #virtualpets #virtualpet #90 #japan #tamagotchicollection #bkvpetscollection
Here are 7 things you need to know about the much-awaited comeback:
1) The special edition Tamagotchi will be smaller than the OG.
2) It includes six different shell designs from the initial Japanese launch—Blue Chibi with Yellow, Pink Chibi with Blue, Light Blue Chibi with Pink, White Chibi, Orange Chibi, Translucent Blue Chibi.
3) Each one includes six characters.
4) It will come in its original packaging design.
5) Just in time for the holidays, Tamagotchi will hit stores on November 5, 2017.
6) Only limited quantities will be available.
7) Its suggested retail price is $14.99.
Now, the real question is... when are Giga Pets and Nano Baby making their comeback?
You Might Also Like