For nearly 100 years, 7-Eleven has been blessing its customers with all sorts of goodies: doughnuts, coffee, beer, you name it. Despite the endless options found in the convenience store, 7-Eleven is highly praised for its glorious Slurpee.
The Texas-based franchise, which now has over 56,500 stores in 18 different countries, has been selling its signature frozen soft drink since 1965. It sells in countries such as China, Canada, Australia, and the U.S.
In celebration of its 52 years, 7-Eleven is hooking up its customers with a free small-size Slurpee on Tuesday, July 11. For years, the store has celebrated "7-Eleven Day" on this date—get it? 7/11?
All you need to do is walk into your nearest location anytime from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and claim your free drink. #DasIt
On that note, here are some fun facts for all of those Slurpee-obsessed peeps, according to the corp website.
- There are many flavors to choose from, including cotton candy, watermelon lime, piña colada, and Pepsi fire.
- The two most popular flavors, however, are Coca-Cola and Wild Cherry.
- The #1 market for Slurpee sales is Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Detroit-area stores follow, selling about 3.5 times as many Slurpee drinks per day than the average U.S. store.
- 7‑Eleven guests sip more than 14 million Slurpee beverages each month.
- Ever since it was introduced, 7.2 billion Slurpee drinks have been sold, enough for every person on the planet.
- They are kept cool and frosty at 28 degrees Fahrenheit.
You Might Also Like