Everyone is wondering as to what will happen to Karl Lagerfeld's one true love, Choupette, the cat who was the loyal companion to the late fashion designer.
Their love story started when the designer was looking after the cat while model Baptiste Giabiconi was travelling, but fell so in love that he refused to hand her back over.
"It is with great sadness that I confirm my Daddy Karl Lagerfeld has passed away on February 19, 2019. He was a true icon who touched the lives of everyone he came in contact with, especially moi. He will forever live in my now broken heart and the hearts of all his supporters around the world
I am eternally grateful for the life and love he gave me through adoption. I will never forget the moments we’ve shared together traveling, exploring, and creating," Choupette posted on her blog.
Here are 8 facts you didn't know about Choupette Lagerfeld, the most famous cat in the world:
1. The Birman cat was gifted by French model Baptise Giabiconi in 2011 after Lagerfeld had looked after the cat.
2. The kitty inspired items in his collections, and appeared in many photo shoots with the fashion designer.
View this post on Instagram
“Currently, (Daddy) Lagerfeld seems happiest in the company of his six-year-old, white-coated Birman cat, Choupette, a “divine,” pampered creature whom the designer wishes, he has said, he could marry.” - @vfvanities 😽 Read the full @vanityfair article via #vfvanities bio link dahhhlings!
3. Choupette has a personal chef that serves her food on Goyard dishes on the same table as Lagerfeld.
4. Lagerfeld revealed that Choupette made $3.22 million in 2014 from two modeling projects.
5. Her personal Instagram account has 120,000 followers, tracing her every move around the world. Choupette also has a blog and a book featuring recipes and photos with model Linda Evangelista.
6. The seven-year-old feline is spoiled, she has an iPad, two maids, a bodyguard and her own fashion and make-up lines.
7. Her name is Choupette, Princess Choupette or Miss Choupette.
8. What will happen to Choupette following Lagerfeld's death remains unclear; however, Lagerfeld previously said she would be the heir to his vast fortune “among others.”