Although they are not your children, nephews and nieces are your family. Over time, you will realize that the experience you share with them has a great influence on your happiness and well-being. This moment between not being a mother, but being a sister and having lived part of a story that repeats itself is very important, even for an aunt.
Wonders that only aunts understand
1. With each nephew or niece that is born, your heart only gets bigger. That old saying that there's always room for one more also applies to an aunt's heart.
2. You have the opportunity to do with them everything you didn't do when you were a girl. In other words, you have the chance to play all the best childhood and teenage games with them now.
3. You see yourself in them. Not only your childhood with your sister, but you can also remember from a different perspective the way your parents raised you. Seeing how hard it is to care for a baby, think about how your mother took care of you and your brothers and sisters.
4. You can try absurd things. Since you're the aunt, and you don't have to deal with the responsibility of eating right or frustrating the child by saying "no," you give them only the best.
5. How they make you exercise a special talent to answer inconvenient questions. And so, they develop their creativity to a much more complex and superior level.
6. How they amuse you and make you laugh when they say inappropriate things, or with the wrong pronunciation, and it was you who taught them in secret.
7. They help you to be more responsible. Being an aunt and having the opportunity to experience childcare makes you aware of the responsibilities involved in having a child. This way, it is possible to find out if you are prepared for it.