The words that make your parents say WTF have officially been added to the dictionary. This includes selfie, balayage, and emoji, but there are definitely a whole lot more than that. Even TL;DR, which looks like total keyboard smash, has made it into the Oxford Dictionary.
Do you know all of these words? See how many of these 10 you use on the daily. Oh, and these definitions are straight from the Oxford Dictionary.
1. Awesomesauce, (adj.): Extremely good; excellent.
2. Fur Baby, (n.): A person's dog, cat, or other furry pet animals.
3. Bruh, (n.): A male friend (often used as a form of address).
4. Babymoon (n.): A relaxing or romantic holiday taken by parents-to-be before their baby is born.
5. Derp, (excl.): Used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action.
6. FOMO, (n.): Anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.
7. Food baby (n.): A protruding stomach caused by eating a large quantity of food and supposedly resembling that of a woman in the early stages of pregnancy.
8. Guac, (n.): Guacamole
9. LDR, (n.): A long-distance relationship.
10. Vom, (n.): Be sick; vomit.
You might also like