He's one of the most successful Latino actors in Hollywood, but something tells us that Danny Trejo has finally found his calling—and it's not on the screen.
The Mexican-American actor, known for his roles in Spy Kids, Desperado, and Machete, has revealed that besides being the villain in movies, he's a foodie at heart. But instead of flaunting his vibrant dishes and drinks on Instagram, Trejo decided to launch not one, not two, but three eateries.
He first stepped into the restaurant biz in 2016 with Trejo's Tacos, then with Trejo's Cantina, and now with Trejo's Coffee & Donuts. The shop opened on Thursday, May 18 in Los Angeles, Calif., and everything, pretty much, sold out.
We get it, though. The flavors (and their names) it offers are crazy good! Just check out some of the options below:
- Gringo - raised donut / powdered sugar
- Low Rider - raised donut/cinnamon & sugarThe Hail Mary
- Margarita - raised donut / tequila / lime / salt
- Coco Loco - raised donut / dark chocolate / chocolate crumble
- Maple Pig - raised donut / maple syrup / vanilla brown sugar / crispy bacon
- Three Amigos - raised donut/tres leches bath/tres-leche glaze
- Nacho - raised donut / jalapeno / chives / Trejo's hot sauce / cheddar cheese
- Pina Fritter - raised donut / pineapple / cinnamon
- Azul Cake - blueberry buttermilk cake / blueberry / cream glaze / lemon
- El Diablo Cake
- Pinata Cake - buttermilk cake/cream glaze/rainbow sprinkles
- Vegan Banana Cake - vegan cake donut/bananas/almond milk
The business is open from 7 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Monday to Saturday for whenever you have that donut craving. For Trejo, these restaurant joints are a dream of his mom. "She wanted to open a restaurant and we put it together," he told ABC7 when he inaugurated his taco shop. So, who's down for that Horchata donut?
Donuts & coffee at @trejosdonuts. The line got was around the block, but @officialdannytrejo was there to put a smile on everyone's face 🍩🎉 . . . . . #trejosdonuts #trejo #dannytrejo #trejostacos #donuts #coffee #laist #laeats #eatwell #eaterla #dgmphoto #food #foodist #foodie #lafoodie #lafood #sweettreat #🍩
You Might Also Like