One month after their birth, Beyoncé introduced her adorable twins on Instagram. "Sir Carter and Rumi 1 month today. 🙏🏽❤️👨🏽👩🏽👧🏽👶🏾👶🏾," she revealed. Sir and Rumi Carter have officially arrived and everyone is pretty much stoked because look how glorious they are.
As if 5-year-old Blue Ivy Carter was any indication, it's obvious that Queen Bey and Jay-Z Carter are all for creative baby names.
Thanks to social media and her mom, Tina Knowles, we now know the meaningful reason behind one of Beyoncé's twin's name.
On July 16, Grandma Knowles shared a list of inspirational quotes on her Instagram. The caption, basically in a gist, revealed why the 35-year-old songstress named her baby Rumi.
"This is poetry by the 13th-century poet "Rumi" it's not only beautiful but logical ❤️ love number three ❤️Sometimes we are the reason we can't find love!! We have to work on ourselves first to be whole ❤️," she noted.
We did some leg work and discovered that Rumi was a Persian Sunni Muslim poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic.
The quotes that Knowles shared are as followed:
- 1. “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
- “A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.”
- “However much we describe and explain love when we fall in love we are ashamed of our words.”
- “Love is the bridge between you and everything.”
- “If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me.”
Ugh... so perfect... so beautiful... so Beyoncé! Who else is naming their baby Rumi?
You Might Also Like